Group Senior Fitness Classes
Credentials: Certified Personal Trainer-(CPT)
Occupational therapist (OTR/L)
Heart and Soul Senior Fitness offers a variety of classes that address the unique needs of seniors with the purpose of facilitating older adults to become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living. We use evidence-based exercises to help improve client’s strength, flexibility, stamina, and mobility which is essential to maintaining one’s independence while performing activities of daily living. All exercises can be modified to accommodate injuries, medical conditions, or other physical limitations. All our classes are low-impact which is great for slowly building up strength and muscle endurance without putting unnecessary stress on joints. These classes offer seniors and older adults who have little to no experience with fitness or who have not regularly exercised for an extended period of time and want to get healthy. We offer a safe and welcoming environment that is non-judgemental.
There are a few changes and precautions we are taking to follow state laws and keep everyone safe:
1. We can have no more than 5 clients at a time in the studio room for group classes. Classes will need to be reserved in advance. To reserve, call Michelle at (512) 761-6367 or use the contact form below.
2. Because reservation is mandatory, you are required to give 24 hours notice for cancellation. If you reserve a seat and cancellation is given with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for that class.
3. Payment can be made for classes by Venmo, cash, or check.
4. If there are less than 2 people signed up for any class 24 hours prior to class time Heart and Soul reserves the right to cancel that class. The student will then have the option of selecting another scheduled class time.
5. If you are sick or think you may be sick, please stay home!
6. Per CDC, face masks are not mandatory but recommended. Please bring your own.
If you're new to fitness, this is a great place to start. Having a strong core helps improve your balance for decreased fall risk, and decreased back pain and joint pain. This class is designed to build a strong foundation for core strength and stability, strengthen the feet, ankles, and legs, improve proprioception, improve alignment in various positions, and enhance reaction and focus.
Don’t let this class fool you. While these yoga poses are basic and simple in nature, you will leave feeling more flexible and rejuvenated! This class is perfect for those with medical conditions, weight challenges, inflexibility, or who are just unable to get on the floor. Low-impact without sacrificing benefits which include improved muscle tone, increasing strength and flexibility, better breathing habits, reduces stress, improves sleep, and a sense of well-being.
This class consists of low impact exercises that are safe and challenging for older adults of all fitness levels. Here you will get a full body workout for both upper and lower body. Client’s first warm up, then perform a series of upper body and core strengthening exercises in a seated position before moving to the balance bar for lower body strengthening exercises. In this class, we use hand weights, resistance bands, and medicine balls. This class will leave you feeling more confident and energized.
Classes will need to be reserved in advance. To reserve, call Michelle at (512) 761-6367 or use the contact form below.